Responsible to:Production Facilities Manager (PFM)
Working hours:28 – 35 hours per week TBC
1 PRINCIPAL AIMS OF THE POST
Under direction from the PFM this post will play a responsible role in helping lead a small team of technicians and freelancers with 2 main tasks:
– The upkeep of the Production Facilities ensuring the workshops are safe and fit for purpose both for our workshop users and the commercial projects we have coming in.
– Ensuring projects running on the workshop floor are completed to the highest standards on time
2 DESCRIPTION OF DAILY TASKS
The following responsibilities will be undertaken as directed by the PFM:
2.1 Production Facilities
• Support the PFM in maintaining efficient operating systems, including a rolling maintenance schedule, risk assessments and inductions, COSHH records and ensuring equipment to meets evolving H & S standards
• Liaise with PFM and Duty Technicians to maintain the stock of consumable materials & machinery spending
• Liaise with front of house to ensure Production Facilities bookings are being logged and all persons in the workshops are legal
• Be a First Aider
3 Commercial Projects
• Formal trade experience in metal or wood to SVQ level or equivalent experience within a commercial fabrication facility
• Flexibility regarding working hours
• Excellent organisational and communication skills
• Ability to take on board and develop with critical feed back
• Ability to find effective, efficient solutions through problem solving
• Ability to read detailed fabrication drawings
• Ability to accurately follow instruction and oversee others following a set of instructions
• Ability to work methodically at speed whilst leading others
• Ability to maintain exceptional standards within a small team in relation to attention to detail, tidiness and organisation
• Experience of maintaining Excel and Microsoft Project documents
• Experience of working with professional artists on the delivery of commissions
• Clean driving license
• Forklift certification
• Experience of CNC machining systems including Sheetcam, V-Carve, Cut 3D and Mach 3
• Any other relevant qualifications in relation to multi-disciplinary fabrication processes
For further information, please contact email@example.com (David McAllister), or call 01413533708, or visit http://www.gssfabrication.org
The deadline is Monday 29 May 2017 at 15:30.
Members sought for Board of Directors
Glasgow Sculpture Studios wishes to appoint new board members able to commit time, energy and vision to shaping the strategic direction of the Organisation. GSS is looking for candidates with a wide variety of skills including experience of arts organisation management, financial management, marketing and fundraising, the commercial art market and commercial fabrication sector.
Glasgow Sculpture Studios is a unique organisation providing over 150 professional artists based in Glasgow and the west of Scotland; national and international visiting artists; arts sector professionals; cultural tourists; local communities and schools; and the general public access to sculptural facilities, exhibition and engagement programmes surrounding contemporary sculptural practice.
No fee is payable but expenses will be met. Application is by CV and a covering letter stating why you want to join the board and what skills you feel you can bring to the position.
Please send to Ben Lowry, Operations and Building Manager (Maternity Cover) firstname.lastname@example.org
Technical Freelance Pool
Glasgow Sculpture Studios are wishing to expand and formalise their freelance pool.
We are looking for experienced and reliable freelancers in the following areas:
x2 Woodworking technicians
x2 Metal working technicians (tig competent)
x2 AV technicians
Technicians must be able to work to fabrication drawings, hold their own public liability insurance and have a minimum of 3 years’ experience working or for an art institution or in a commercial setting out with their educational background.
These are project specific posts and technicians must be able to accommodate sporadic working hours as required.
If you wish to apply please forward your CV to David McAllister at email@example.com